The happiest place on earth isn’t necessarily the healthiest. From fried fish to margaritas – and even funnel cakes – your calorie intake can boom at Disney World. There are many healthy options available in all of the parks, and some you may have to search out, but they are worth the search. For those who are wanting to maintain their calorie count during your trip to Disney World, this is your list. Below are some of the best and healthiest options available.
At Magic Kingdom:
- Fresh Roasted Corn at Liberty Square. This is a great choice for those wanting something to eat on the go – as well as a veggie kick.
- Fresh Pineapple from Aloha Isle. Nothing is better than fresh pineapple on a hot day.
- Hummus & Chips from Gaston’s Tavern. A good, healthy, crunchy food that is full of protein that’ll keep you full for hours.
- Vegetarian Chili from Columbia Harbor House. This is a filling meal that isn’t the best if you plan on riding a ton of rides after, but it is great at the end of a long day if you just can’t think of leaving without lunch or dinner.
- Veggie Burger from Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe. Located in Tomorrowland, this diner has a ton of healthy and vegetarian choices.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table is also great for healthy fish and chicken choices throughout the day.
- Latin Chicken Soup at Electric Umbrella. This restaurant located in Future World is full of many healthy soups and salads.
- California Roll at Kabuki Cafe. Located in the Japan Pavilion, sushi is always a great choice for healthy eats, and Kabuki Cafe has the best variety in the park.
- Vegetable Torte at Kringla Bakeri og Cafe. This Norwegian cafe offers everything from their fantastic vegetable torte, to soups, and even a Norwegian club sandwich.
- Brie, Apples, & Cranberries in a Whole-Grain Wrap at Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie. This French restaurant offers great pastries, but one of the healthiest and yummiest things served is their brie, apple, & cranberry sandwich wrapped in a whole-grain wrap.
- Chicken Tacos at La Cantina de San Angel. These tacos are great and affordable. They are also a good option when your are trying to decide what looks healthy in a Mexican restaurant.
At Hollywood Studios:
- Chicken Caesar Salad at Catalina Eddie’s. This salad is the best option found at Hollywood Studies – especially for those who are not wanting a huge meal or small snack. There are tons of those options available.
- Asian Salad with Salon at the ABC Commissary. This is one of those above-mentioned larger meals available, but this one is one of the healthiest large meals available.
- Fresh Fruit and the Anaheim Produce booth. This booth offers up fresh fruit and veggies for a fair price, which make for a healthy quick snack when you are in need.
At Animal Kingdom Park:
- Slow-Smoked Chicken at Flame Tree Barbecue. While this place is better known for its ribs and pulled pork sandwiches, the slow-smoked chicken is just as good – and a ton healthier.
- Hummus with Vegetables at Gardens Kiosk. While this little kiosk offers many healthy choices, nothing fills up your tummy better than hummus and veggies for little calories.
- Asian Chicken Sandwich at Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafe. One of the best chicken sandwich options in the park, this is a protein-filled “normal” food option that even your picky kids and husband will love.